Hosting the domain is one of the key challenges every online business owner has to face. Many factors are involved in the decision: business’s needs, a suitable type of hosting, find a reliable provider, choose the most convenient plan, cost, etc.
VPS hosting seems to be an excellent choice for growing businesses. It is free of the limitations shared hosting involves. And it offers enough resources to have great performance without the need to get a dedicated hosting service. Medium and even big businesses, e-shops included, are vouching for the benefits of using VPS hosting.
Let’s see what exactly VPS hosting has in store for your business.
What is VPS hosting?
Virtual Private Server (VPS) is a type of hosting in which a server hosts many different websites but independently. In other words, they all share the hardware (server), but they have dedicated virtual resources (processor, storage, RAM…).
The server is divided into different and private rooms (virtual machines/virtual servers), guaranteeing every room will work its own resources without affecting resources from others through specific software.
If you get VPS hosting, it means you rent one private virtual machine, on a physical server, for hosting your business during a specific period of time. Usually, one year, paying a monthly fee.
Benefits of using VPS hosting
VPS hosting really brings good reasons to the table for you to choose it. There are different plans offered by providers. Based on that, you can get from a good to very powerful VPS hosting service.
- Powerful performance. Reliable providers really offer quality tech resources through VPS service. The big concern about sharing resources is that other websites’ performance can affect yours. If a website is getting high loads of traffic or taking more RAM, etc., your site can be slow. With VPS, your site’s functionality is absolutely not defined by neighboring sites.
- Have the control. VPN allows you to access your device(virtual server) root. You are free to set up or remove the software you prefer, as you need.
- Higher security. Remember that control is yours. Security can be as enhanced as you decide. Be free of adding firewalls, filters, and more protection. Besides, if another website hosted on the same server suffers security problems, this won’t directly affect yours. The separation VPS provides to every virtual server is healthy for all the sites hosted.
- Expand your business painlessly. Based on your need for resources, you can scale your plan up or down through the different available plans. Usually, such changes don’t affect up-time. Your site keeps functioning without a problem.
- Customer service. No matter you are a beginner or an expert on technical stuff, customer support is a really helpful service. It’s a good tool to clear doubts, fix issues without wasting time and with professional guidance. Nobody wants the website down the whole weekend. Look for customer service available 24/7. Prevention is always a safe practice.
- Convenient cost for your budget. VPS is not the cheapest type of hosting. That is true. But it’s not the most expensive alternative on the market. And there is a vast menu of plans with different costs and features. You can perfectly access the attractive VPS benefits through a VPS basic and cost-effective plan. If your needs grow, you always have the choice to migrate to a more robust VPS plan.
Virtual Private Server (VPS) is totally a good choice if you look for a hosting service for your business. The benefits are really convenient. It offers flexibility and room enough for your business’ growth. And for a reasonable fee, you can get a space in a shared physical server but with dedicated and competitive resources only for your website.